Saturday, May 2, 2015

Kickstart

I feel that if I don't just write something, I might fall off the face of the virtual world forever.  I'm at a low ebb creatively.  When we got back from Australia, we went from this-


to this-

and I think my body and brain just went into hibernation in protest!

But, this morning the sun is shining, the snow has melted, and I decided to dust off my camera and set off on a photo shoot/morning walk and find beauty where I am.

I think daffodils and spring bulbs are my favourite flowers, probably because our souls are crying out for colour and there they are!


The little blue ones are loving the long, cool spring and are everywhere on the lawn.



The willows at the pond are trying their best to burst into leaf.


A pair of geese has set up shop on one of the back ponds and have a lot to say about my visiting their territory.

The pond is waiting for warm days, but I was delighted to see that the swallows have returned for the summer.  So many of our regular birds don't seem to be here and what I read about bird loss is very disturbing.

More shrubs waiting to burst into leaf.


Our vegetable beds are freshly filled with manure and waiting for the ground to warm up.  


So, having done this exercise, forcing myself to get back to the blog, I realize how much I have to be grateful for and feel like perhaps I can approach sewing world with some ideas and joy.


1 comment: